Cosmetic Dermatology Service Overview
Cosmetic dermatology is a highly specialized field of dermatology that focuses on procedures that improve the appearance of the skin, particularly on the face and neck. It is also known as aesthetic dermatology or aesthetic medicine. And it’s just one more area of dermatology that Nyanda Dermatology focuses on for our patients.
If you’re tired of looking older than you feel. If wrinkles, smile lines or crow’s feet are suddenly appearing on your face. Are you concerned about sagging or mottled skin? At Nyanda Dermatology, we have the know-how and experience that qualifies us as experts in cosmetic dermatology.
Before we give you the details of what procedures we do here at Nyanda, let’s first take a look at what treatments a cosmetic dermatologist is licensed to perform.
Instead of addressing patient’s needs, cosmetic dermatologists address patient’s wishes or requests, performing services such as:
- Correcting skin tone
- Smoothing wrinkles
- Removing hair on the face or body
- Reducing surface fat
- Tightening skin
- Removing tattoos
- Treating cellulite
- Treating acne and acne scars
Here are some of the simple solutions we can offer you at Nyanda Dermatology:
Injectable dermal fillers
- Dermal fillers are gel-like substances injected under the skin. They smooth lines, soften wrinkles, restore lost volume, and enhance the contours of your face. There are a variety of FDA approved filler products we can use: Poly-L-lactic acid, Calcium Hydroxylapatite, Hyaluronic Acid, Polymethylemethacrylate or Autologous fat. Our staff can explain in detail what each fill does, the pros and cons, and the amount of recovery time necessary.
- Botox® is a drug made from a toxin produced by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum. The most common use of these injections is to temporarily relax the facial muscles that cause wrinkles in the forehead and around the eyes. The injections work by weakening or paralyzing certain muscles so that they cannot contract, giving you a smoother look. The effects last about three to twelve months.
- Chemical peels can reduce or improve the look of fine lines and wrinkles, acne scars, uneven skin coloring, and other skin imperfections. Different chemicals determine the depth of your peel and type of skin condition treated. A chemical solution is applied to the skin to remove the top layer. The skin that grows back is smoother.
- Dermabrasion is a skin-resurfacing procedure that uses a rapidly rotating device to “sand” the outer layers of your skin. Immediately after your dermabrasion, the treated skin becomes reddish and swollen. Over the course of a few days, the skin grows back and is smoother and softer, with fewer deep wrinkles.
- Microdermabrasion treatments use a minimally abrasive instrument to “sand” your skin, removing the thicker outer layer. This type of skin rejuvenation is used to treat light scarring, discoloration, sun damage and stretch marks and goes a bit deeper than Dermabrasion.
Laser Skin Resurfacing
- Laser skin resurfacing can repair and reduce the effects of sun-damaged skin, acne scars, age spots, fine lines, and wrinkles, redness, or pigmentation issues. It uses a laser to rejuvenate and improve your skin’s appearance or to treat minor facial flaws.
Depending on what you wish to have done, and the seriousness of the issue, we may require an initial appointment to form a treatment plan and a timeline. In addition to in-person treatments, we may also prescribe medications, either oral or topical, and make recommendations for lifestyle changes or specific skin care treatments you can do at home.
Any of the above therapies can be utilized to enhance your appearance, create a more youthful look, tighten sagging skin, and actually improve your self-confidence and self-esteem. When you look better, you feel better about yourself. Sometimes, you can reverse the signs of aging by just using our wide variety of professional-grade topical skincare products. Our staff is happy to give you our expert recommendations.
Give Us A Call Today
If you live in or near, Zephyrhills, Wesley Chapel, or Land O Lakes, Florida and are looking for personalized skincare for the whole family. If you have questions, concerns, or you just want to check out the possibilities for a better looking you through cosmetic treatments, give us a call today at: 813-435-5199. We treat our patients like you’re one of our own.